Who said that, to talk about serious things, one must necessarily be dreary and sad?
Plan and explanations required to set off in right way
First of all I wish to say that it is not my intention to start a debate on the possibility or usefulness of dream interpretation. For me this is proven, even given for granted. Nevertheless, I am always willingly available to give explanations to anybody who has a true interest in this subject and wishes to know more about it.
My scope is to submit a certain number of dreams interpreted on the grounds of a key that cannot be referred to one single, specific psychological school.
- In dealing this subject my utmost concern was to harmonise professional accuracy with easy readibility for outsiders. Therefore no specific terms, no "psychoanalese" and also no "straying old hat now" or even worse.
- Rather than cry I tried to go for wool avoiding any triumphalist tone about the effectiveness of dream interpretation in the treatment of psychic troubles. In the majority of cases this therapy gives positive results but in some cases it is necessary to take note of its ineffectiveness and state it frankly. For miracles it is necessary to look elsewhere. That's why I will also report dreams preannouncing a not agreed upon psychotherapy interruption.
The entry counter will definitely say if I actually attained my scope and if you liked my recipe. It is a 6-digit counter, therefore "no problem" :-)
- Those who do not believe in the possibility and the usefulness of dream interpretation can avail themselves of a most effective way to avoid wasting their time: do not visit this web site. I am addressing myself to all the others. How many will they be? Include myself in the number of those that are curious to know the answer. Time discloses all things... life is a hazard too...
- The text of dreams is reported exactly as I received it from the relevant dreamer. I have only corrected some minor syntax mistakes and arranged verb tenses that often, in telling dreams, are part in present and part in past tense. As a remarkable number of dreams is involved, I might have overlooked some minor mistakes, here and there. Please let me know, I will be grateful to you.
Only in very rare occasions I have expunged parts of a dream that appeared to be chaotic and incomprehensible. This is not a strictly "scientific" choice but I make no claim to write a scientific essay. After all, the so-called "social sciences" (psychology, history, sociology, anthropology and so on) are always to be cited in between quotation marks to explicit the fact that the term "science" is improperly used in that case. But here I am taking the path of abstract speculation while, on the contrary, I want to stay on the "very concrete" grounds of dreams.
- The dreams I will report are so clean, clear and essential to legitimate the doubt that they were manipulated, "arranged". Should this doubt cross the mind of anybody, I wish to point out that due to the noticeable number of dreams in my hands, I have the possibility of creaming off and discarding all dreams that are not useful to "set an example".
- At the beginning I had in mind to cluster dreams by subject, afterwards I discarded this idea that would have made this dream collection rather dull. The "search" function is however sufficient to find dreams having a similar content. Anybody having some familiarity with the use of a computer can turn this dream collection into a database and then create all queries of interest.
- Unless otherwise required by you, the correspondence we will exchange will be made available to site visitors on the LET'S TALK ABOUT IT page.
- The suggested dream interpretation will not be the only possible dream interpretation and it might not even be the correct one, it will be the one that came to my mind when reading or listening to a certain dream.
- There is no, nor can there be one, dictionary including the encoded and unchangeable meanings of dream symbols. The meaning of a symbol, in fact, may vary depending on culture, time, person and, at times, even on the different moments in the lifetime of a same person. A good and enlightening example follows: for the inhabitants of the countries located in the temperate zone of the world, and more than these for the inhabitants of the arctic zones, Sun is the symbol of life for antonomasia. For the tribes living in the desert, instead, Sun is the symbol of death because it burns their harvest and makes water, so essential for their survival, disappear.
Before making the dreams I will talk about public, I have asked relevant dreamers for permission to use their oneiric material binding myself to cut off all elements that could allow dreamers identification.
- Except for a few exceptions, the dreams I will illustrate come from my patients.
- If anybody wishes so, he can send me one of his dreams. I will try to interpret it. In case of failure, it means that either I did not succeed in interpreting the dream or my psychotherapists experience suggested me to refrain from doing so out of a regular therapeutic setting. In these cases too, as far as possibile and within the time available, I will try to answer to the concerned person.The dreams you will address to me and their relevant interpretation will be published on the DREAMS SHOWCASE page. I will give no private dream interpretation by e-mail.
( NOTE: This opportunity was valid until I made the site update weekly, only ).
- Interpretation of a series of dreams coming from a same person, if any, must not be taken for a substitutive psychotherapy. A psychotherapy, in fact, is much more than a mere interpretation of dreams, especially if suggested via computer!
- Dream interpretation as suggested by me might be useful to different kinds of people: psychology students; psychotherapists at the beginning of their practice wishing to cut their teeth on the field after indigestion of theory at the university; anybody who is attracted by the possibility of taking a glance at the hidden world, ignored by most people, that dreams express.
- I do hope that this dream interpretation allows to catch a glimpse of the tremendous amount of wealth and resources, mainly unused, hidden down there, inside ourselves. After saying this, however, I have to add that I am not in favour of the so much irrational mythicizing made about the unconscious which is in great fashion nowadays as in other times. In this field too, EQUILIBRIUM is the polar star that can safely lead our steps.
- Not all dreams can be interpreted. Many of them cannot be decoded either because of typical "resistances" or due to intrinsic and unknown reasons. Apart from these "mute" dreams, however, the amount of the remainder is redundant and is not to be thrown away, believe me!
- I hope you did not get too much bored in reading all the above explanations. They were necessary inasmuch as dreams represent a very delicate subject when dealing with them under a serious and professional profile, especially on a web site. Certainly, one can talk about dreams also to suggest the best way to put ones money on the lottery, but this is not exactly my scope.
- Was it clear? :-)